10.31.2006

America's new favorite pastime?

On Sunday as the 1 pm football games were ending, I noticed that there was not going to be a second game on FOX. Instead, they were going to be showing professional bull riding. I must have missed when that became a popular sport in America. FOX must be looking for anything they can find to grab ratings, especially after the World Series was the lowest rated ever. I am just not sure if bull riding is going to get them the ratings they are looking for. JC Penney is also trying to profit off of the new bull riding craze in America, as they are now offering a product called the spring bull. I found it interesting that this product was for children ages 3 and up. Somehow, I don’t see myself putting a 3 year old on something like this and I definitely don’t think that they would make it on there for 8 seconds. After all, we can’t all ride bulls like Luke Perry!