12.13.2006

Joey Porter back in the news

Joey Porter has a knack for making his presence felt before, during and after a game. This was evidenced by the verbal war he got into with Seattle tight end Jerramy Stevens before last year’s Super Bowl. Porter got the best of Stevens on and off the field in that case. Now he got into another verbal war, this time with Kellen Winslow before last week’s game, calling him a derogatory term. Yesterday, Porter apologized, sort of. He came out and said he did not mean to offend anyone by his comments except for Winslow. I am sure Porter rubs people the wrong way, but most of the time, I find Porter’s antics amusing. My favorite Joey Porter moment was his introduction of the Pittsburgh defense during their Monday night game earlier this season against Jacksonville, seen below. As funny as Porter is in that clip, I think I like Mike Tirico's explanation to the fans of what Joey is referring to just as much.