11.01.2006

Head Bangers... BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

I was flipping through the channels last night and came across this commercial masterpiece for Head Bangers Big Kick Football from Funrise Toys. I now have the song completely stuck in my head after watching it no less than 10 times in order to comment on the finer points of the piece. Obviously, the overall acting and character development are great. You can really feel the rivalry between the blonde kid and the old guy who showed up in full pads to play with him. My favorite part though is easily when about 45% through the commercial, the kid does a Chad Johnson-esque little dance after a kick. As a sidenote, FamilyFun.com (who I blogged about earlier), has awarded this the 2006 Toy of the Year. I'm not saying its a terrible toy, I personally love flicking paper footballs through goalposts, but I can't imagine that this was the best toy that anyone put out this year.