12.14.2006

Sports title results for Spike's 2006 VGA's

There were 2 sports categories from tonight's Video Game Awards, one for "Best Individual Sports Game" and one for "Best Team Sports Game". I was personally pulling for Rockstar's Table Tennis in the individual category, not because I've played it or anything, but because as I've stated before, I love me some ping pong. In fact, I was crushed when I first found out that Table Tennis would only be available for XBOX 360, which I do not own. I had thought it would be available for PS2. Well, it turns that Tony Hawk 8 took the individual award. I now officially feel old because I think I was in college when Tony Hawk 1 came out.

In the team sports game category, I was definitely pulling for NBA 2K7 from 2K Sports, another game I've never played. My reasoning was that the other 4 titles in the category were all from EA Sports. I'm definitely not a fan of the monopolization that EA has over NFL games, so I'm willing to back 2K, who seems like the only competitor out there in the sports category. Oh by the way, NBA 2K7 did win, so I can now go to bed happy knowing that at least one of my two took home the cake.