12.20.2006

Models choose the best looking athletes

On SI.com today, there was an article which featured the hottest athletes in sports, as chosen by SI Swimsuit models. While I believe that these girls are definitely qualified to tell us who’s hot and who’s not, I was puzzled by one of their answers. At #7 for hottest male athlete, they had Jesse Palmer. Palmer is a former backup for the Giants and briefly for the 49ers, but mainstream America knows him as the guy who was on “The Bachelor”. Now, Palmer is broadcasting games along with Ron Pitts, for FOX. I had heard that he was broadcasting, and not doing badly from the reviews I have heard about, but it took a little research for me to find out that Palmer is in fact still playing. He was the 4th string quarterback for the Montreal Alouettes last season. Technically I guess he can be included in this list of athletes, but it seems like his future and his present may be off the field, not on it.